Consultation under clause 60 of the High-Speed Rail (West Midlands – Crewe) Bill as amended in the House of Lords.
Yesterday the Government announced the launch of a consultation to seek the views of residents in the local authority areas of Shropshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire East, and Cheshire West and Chester, and the stakeholders listed in Annex B of the consultation document, on the HS2 Phase 2a Scheme between the West Midlands and Crewe.
During its passage through the House of Lords, an amendment to the Phase 2a Bill was made requiring a further consultation on a variety of topics including the impact of road traffic as a result of the works, the impact of the works on the natural environment, transport provisions for passengers connecting to Phase 2a, and whether new railway stations, improvements to existing railway stations, and the reopening of associated lines is necessary to support passenger connections to Phase 2a.
Responses to this consultation will help inform Government policy on HS2 Phase 2a and the environment and on future proposals for services on HS2 Phase 2a and the conventional rail (i.e. Network Rail network) and other transport networks.
This consultation will close at 11:45pm on Friday, 26 February 2021. You are invited you to take part.
To access the consultation documents and for details on how to respond, please visit: www.hs2.org.uk/phase2a
- Ensuring all eligible people have the opportunity to be vaccinated
- Primary & Secondary Schools Access To Printers
- Consultation under clause 60 of the High-Speed Rail (West Midlands – Crewe) Bill as amended in the House of Lords.
- Coronavirus: Free transport to help Shropshire residents get vaccinations
- Consultation on the Regulation 19: Pre-Submission Draft of the Shropshire